Collection of Information
1. The Firm Web site collects certain information about visitors, even when they are not logged in. The Firm may record your IP address, the URLs of the Web sites and pages you visit (before, during and after your visit to the Firm Web site), the times and dates of such visits, information about the computer hardware and software you use and other information that may be available. Also, The Firm may place "cookies" on your computer to recognize you on return visits to enable The Firm to enhance your browsing experience, as well as to collect additional information about you. You may adjust your browser settings or use other means to prevent cookies from being placed on your computer, but doing so may result in reduced functionality and a less personalized browsing experience.
2. The Firm may ask you to provide certain additional information about yourself, including your name, contact information, the organization you come from and certain other information that The Firm may use to identify you. If you choose not to provide such information, you may not be permitted to access certain Firm Web site features, content or services.
3. The Firm does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any children under the age of thirteen.
Use of Information
1. The Firm uses the information that it collects about you to improve your browsing experience by personalizing The Firm Web sites to your interest, and also to help The Firm select content and services that you may find interesting and useful. Information about the content you visit and services you use may be used alone or in conjunction with information collected from other users to help The Firm tailor The Firm Web site and its other products and services to better suit the needs and interests of you and other users.
2. Information that you provide may also be used as part of The Firm's effort to keep you informed about events, and selected products and services that may be of interest to you. In some cases, The Firm may contact you with information from carefully selected third parties, but The Firm will not provide information to third parties for such purposes. In other cases, your information might be shared with a third party pursuant to a process that contemplates such sharing but which you knowingly initiate.
3. The Firm reserves the right to disclose any information that it obtains through the Firm Web site to appropriate governmental or regulatory authorities, if required by law or any governmental agency.
Transfers of Information
Information Sent by Way of the Web site is Not Secure
Any information sent to the firm by Internet e-mail or through the Web site is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. Any information you send the Firm over the Internet, either through the Firm's Web site or via email is done at your own risk.
Sending Information Doesn't Form an Attorney Client Relationship
Transmission of information from this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the firm, nor is it intended to do so. The transmission of the Web site, in part or in whole, and/or any communication with us via Internet e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between us and any recipients.
Tax Advice Disclosure
Pursuant to tax regulations, we advise you that any tax advice, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended by the Firm to constitute a covered opinion pursuant to the tax code, nor is it to be used for the purpose of avoiding tax-related penalties under the tax code or promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.
Terms of Service
1. Firm Website. The Firm Website includes all Web pages under the site's domain URL.
2. Use of Firm Website Constitutes Acceptance. This Agreement will constitute a binding and enforceable agreement between you (individually and in your individual capacity as an employee, officer, agent, partner, etc. of each organization you represent in connection with any use of the Firm Website) and the Firm. By using the Firm Website, you acknowledge and agree that you have fully read and agree to be bound by the provisions of this Agreement, exactly as if it were printed on paper and signed by you. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement in its entirety, then you must immediately stop using the Firm Web site.
3. Business or Employment Use. Where you use the Firm Web site in the course of your employment or business, you enter into this Agreement both on your own behalf and in your individual capacity as an employee, officer, agent, partner, etc. of such organization which you represent, and references in this Agreement to "you" shall mean both you as the individual user of the Firm Web site and you in your capacity as a representative of your organization.
4. Changes to this Agreement. The Firm may remove, amend or replace any provision of this Agreement at any time, but, if it does so, the Firm will post such changes on the Firm Website.
5. Disclaimer. You agree to all terms of The Firm's Disclaimer.
7. Firm Intellectual Property. All of the Intellectual Property, including, without limitation, all content, text, graphics, video and sounds on the Firm Website, and all computer code associated therewith, are the valuable proprietary property of the Firm, its licensors and contributors, and are subject to copyright, trademark and other intellectual property protection. You acknowledge and agree that the Firm has expended substantial time and effort to create the Firm Website, and the Content and Services provided through the Firm Website, and that the Firm exclusively owns or has been licensed by third parties to use and sublicense all rights, title and interest therein and all associated information, data, databases, images and other material.
8. Assignment. Your rights and obligations under this Agreement are personal to you and may not be assigned to any other party.
9. Force Majeure. The Firm will not, nor will any entity that is part of the Firm, be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement for any failure or delay in performance caused by reasons beyond its reasonable control, including any natural calamity, act of God or a public enemy, act of any military, civil or regulatory authority, change in any law or regulation, disruption or outage of communications, power or other, failure to perform by any supplier or other third party, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Firm (or any entity that is part of the Firm).
10. Waiver. The Firm will not, nor will any entity that is part of the Firm, be deemed to have waived any breach by you of this Agreement, except by a written waiver expressly so stating, and such waiver will not be construed as a waiver of subsequent or continued breaches.
11. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability will be limited to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
12. Complete Understanding. This Agreement constitutes the final and complete agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous communications, representations or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
13. Jurisdiction. This Agreement between you and The Firm will be governed by the laws of the Country of Costa Rica, without regard to its rules of conflict of laws. The courts located in Costa Rica will have exclusive jurisdiction over any case or controversy arising from or relating to this Agreement or the website. Each party consents irrevocably to personal jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any and all such matters, and waives any defense of forum non conveniens with respect to such courts.
1. The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Website.
2. Any information sent to The Firm by Internet e-mail or through the Website is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. Transmission of information from this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Firm, nor is it intended to do so. The transmission of the Website, in part or in whole, and/or any communication with us via Internet e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between us and any recipients.
3. Some links within the Website may lead to other web-sites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. The Firm includes these links solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents.
4. This Website and its contents are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
5. Furthermore, The Firm does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this Website in a state where this Website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.
6. Reproduction, distribution, republication, and/or retransmission of material contained within The Firm Website is prohibited unless the prior written permission of The Firm has been obtained.